Why Solar Energy
Did you know that every hour the sun beams onto earth more than enough energy to satisfy global energy needs for an entire year*? Cherry Energy Solutions can help you use this immense source of power!
Today’s rising and volatile energy prices, combined with the many environmental benefits of generating clean energy via the sun, are just a few of the reasons why millions of Australian businesses have decided to go solar.
Put simply, commercial solar systems save your business money, help our environment and give you a great return on investment.
*National Geographic, 2015. Environment: Global Warming. Solar Energy Profile.
How Solar Works
Solar systems can be highly technical and difficult to understand. This is why we’ve come up with a very simple and easy-to-understand overview of how a solar system works and the components involved in it.
- When the sun shines it releases energy as sunlight.
- The Solar Panels (also known as ‘PV’ or ‘Photovoltaic’ panels) capture the sunlight and transform it into direct current (DC) electricity.
- The Inverter converts the DC electricity generated by the solar panels into 240V alternating current (AC) – the same type of electricity you get from the grid.
- The AC electricity is then directed to your circuit box to be distributed around your property.
- Your energy meter measures your energy use and records how much electricity you import from the electricity grid.
- Any excess electricity that is not consumed or stored is then fed into the electricity grid during the day.
- The AC electricity generated by the solar panels that is not being used at the time can now be stored with our Energy Storage Unit for future use – so you avoid paying high electricity rates.
We are proud to be a Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer